Tuesday 6 August 2013

Foundations


"I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together..."

I am the walrus

I look at one chimp-like creature in particular with intense curiosity and her eyes return my gaze. I see the potential of the whole of humankind in her eyes. The artist, engineer, economist and executioner of nature, natural selection, then moulded, over 4 million years, that creature within its changing environment. The pelvis is tilted and broadened causing the creature to clamber onto her two legs and its brain to expand and deepen; tools are forged and culture is created......until I face myself in what that creature has become.

This is our heritage and the source of who we are; our resilience, adaptability, skill and determination; something we can call upon in our struggles and everyday life. We are the front line of this evolutionary change but we build upon the efforts of all our ancestors.


No comments:

Post a Comment